Last week, I was so tired of getting these huge knots out of Novalie’s hair, so I told her that if she got another knot in her hair she would have to have a boy haircut. The next morning before I woke up, she apparently had another knot, so to avoid getting in trouble and having a boy haircut, she got her scissors and cut the knot out. That threat backfired. I will go back to getting her knots out instead of her taking matters into her own hands. She did, however, get a very cute haircut out of it. We had to cut bangs to cover up the short shooting out in every direction hair she cut. While we were at it, I had them cut quite a bit off the ends. She looks very cute.
Monthly Archives:October 2008
Last weekend, my Mom and sister and kids came for the weekend. We had a fun time and laughed a lot. We took the kids to the Fall Festival at the Red Barn Farms. The kids had fun. They got to go on a hayride, pick a pumpkin, get their face painted, play in the hay maze and in the jumping castle. They also had a little kids activities area. Here are some pictures.
Posted in Family, Novalie Tags:Doré , Jolley , Novalie , parenting , vent , Vernier
I have been really emotional all day today. I am not sure why. Maybe it was getting out a tote of old photos and looking at 12 years of memories of Kevin and I. I am listening to country music while I am cleaning the house and Novalie is playing at a friend’s down the road and I keep tearing up. It makes me mad for some reason to be emotional. Anyway, the reason for the post is to vent a little, I guess. Novalie was invited to a birthday party this Saturday for a boy in her class. Today, at the bus stop, the Mom comes over to me and says, “I am sorry about the birthday party, but my son has decided to not invite girls from his class.” Okay, maybe I am being over sensitive to the fact that Novalie is going to be upset and have her feelings hurt, so I am feeling like a protective mom, but SERIOUSLY? You can’t just uninvite someone like that. Especially when they are 5 years old! If it was Novalie, I would say something like, too bad, you already invited them, now you need to follow through with that commitment and be grateful you have so many friends to celebrate your birthday with. And now I am the one who is stuck with breaking my daughter’s heart. Not to mention the fact that she is going to hear about his birthday party, that she is uninvited to, at school or on the school bus. Just rub it in a little. This might not be a big deal to some, but if you don’t know Novalie real well, she is an extra sensitive girl and she LOVES all her friends. Argh!!!! I am so annoyed!
Posted in Personal Tags:confessions , Dore Vernier , Jolley , Personal
My niece tagged me awhile ago and it has taken me a month to do it, but here you go!
1. For the past 12 years I have wanted a station wagon. Not the modern day type, the Clark Griswold type. I always thought I needed at least 2 kids to justify having a station wagon, but I don’t care anymore, I want one regardless.
2. I needed to get a T.V. show from Netflix to watch while I do the treadmill, so I chose “The Hills.” The confession part, I like it.
3. I love my calling, but I strongly, strongly dislike conducting. Something about it feels so unnatural. I feel like the biggest dork up there in front of everyone. I would rather teach.
4. I have done almost everything as a parent that I said I would NEVER do when I became a parent.
5. If I could, I would get take out every single night.
6. I sweep crumbs under the rug with my foot.
7. When I make cookies, I usually end up eating too much cookie dough and feel too sick to bake any cookies.
8. I love reality shows. (I am sad that “Crowned: Mother of All Pageants” didn’t make it into a second season.)
9. I spend way too much time reading blogs (of people I don’t even know!!) and get mad when I do it.
10. Whenever I am out and about and it is around dinnertime, I will call Kevin and ask him if he has left work yet, in hopes that he will say, “No, let’s meet somewhere for dinner.” Can’t he tell from my tone that I don’t want to go home and cook? Poor Kevin, I still think he should be able to read my mind.
11. I am way too uptight and stressed out all the time. I have a very hard time relaxing.
12. I would rather shop on-line than risk going into a store and having to talk to a sales person.
13. I have a phobia of talking on the phone. I only do it if it is absolutely necessary.
I tag anyone who wants to do it! It was kinda fun!