I have been invisible to the world the last 3 weeks. I have been so busy and yet I can’t think of why. And I have a long list of things I would like to do in the next day and a 1/2, but I know they are not going to happen. Friends I would love to check in with or stop and chat with, errands I have been putting off, projects to do with Novalie, phone calls to make, etc … Novalie and I are flying to UT on Saturday for a much needed vacation and a much needed meal at Benihana. My favorite place to eat on the planet! Luckily my Dad treats me to it every time I come and I eat so much you literally have to roll me to the car. I have to plan which pants I can wear, so I can stuff my face comfortably. How wonderful and awful at the same time. Novalie is following in my foot steps when it comes to Benihana. We had our family moving away party at Benihana back in 2005 and it was the cutest and funniest sight to see Novalie being the only one left in the midst of our 3 tables still eating someone else’s sherbet. It makes me proud.
Let’s see, what have we been up to? Novalie had her Valentine’s Day party in her class. When we went to pick out her Valentine’s, she took one look at the scary T-Rex Valentine’s and didn’t have to look at any others. She was the only girl who didn’t give girly Valentine’s. I love that she stays true to herself.
Here she is getting her Valentine’s ready with her scary T-Rex face:
Novalie got some new clothes for bitty baby from Grandma which was a fun surprise:
Novalie has excelled in her reading and her writing is becoming more legible. She continues to love school, but she is looking forward to summer so we can go to the pool everyday. I miss the warm sunshine. These pictures make me really miss it.
We went to Richland this last weekend and had a fun time as usual. Novalie got to meet and play with a pet monkey, but Kevin will have to report on that because I stayed home. Kevin and I got to go out to the movies and go to our favorite store, Target. It was relaxing and Novalie had a blast playing with Aunt Janell.
That is all I got for today!
1. I am 100% an introvert. That shouldn’t be too surprising to all of you.
2. I want 9 kids, but will be lucky if I have 2.
3. If I had 9 kids, I would live in the mountains and come to town only once a month for supplies.
4. I want a pig and chicken farm.
5. I wouldn’t ask for help even if I was hanging from a cliff ready to fall to my death.
6. I am 32 years old and my face breaks out worse than any other time in my life.
7. If I could have any job in the world, it would be sitting at the computer entering data using 10-key. I LOVE 10-key!
8. In high school, my best friend and I would often have a pumpkin pie for breakfast and keep it in our locker. Pie is my favorite breakfast to this day.
9. I could eat chips and salsa for every other meal.
10. Looking at #8 and #9, I now know why I need to lose 15 pounds.
11. Nothing in the world brings me more joy than watching my daughter develop a testimony of Jesus Christ.
12. I just overflowed the bathtub because I forgot I turned it on before I sat down to do this. Seriously, I have about 20 towels in there now soaking up the water!
13. As I just proved, I can sit down at the computer and get so absorbed that I have no clue how much time has really gone by. (I can only get away with this while Novalie is at school.)
14. I do sudoko everyday. It relaxes me.
15. My favorite place to be is in the sunshine, at a pool, with my family.
16. I miss all my nieces and nephews more than I could express with words.
17. I recently read Hilary Clinton’s “Living History” and have decided that I respect her, but don’t care much for her.
18. I love all of Novalie’s friends and love having them in my home.
19. I still wear clothes that I wore in high school.
20. I have lived in Texas, New York, Montana, Utah, Idaho and Washington.
21. I wear 2 pairs of socks every single day.
22. I peed my pants the first time I went skiing from laughing so hard. I was 15.
23. It takes me a long time to make a true and real friend. One that I can be absolutely myself in front of and know they will still love me for me.
24. I can play tetris and columns for hours on the same game. Eventually the game stops counting my lines and points. I guess my brain works like a puzzle.
25. I could read to Novalie all day long and have many many times before.